Monday, January 3, 2011

Wadi Rum

We just returned from an overnight campout to Wadi Rum. The main feature of this campout was rappelling. We had not been on a family campout in a year (at least not one requiring changing the tires). We did not leave until almost noon. It is a 3 1/2 hour drive and was very late afternoon before we arrived. As soon as we arrived the men whipped into action and soon had the tent and "kitchen" set up.




I got the fire going and set up beds. While I was warming up dinner the guys went to a nearby rock, maybe 20 feet high and practiced rappelling. It was soon dark. We ate dinner (pre-prepared foil dinners) and dad told war stories until the fire died down and it got too cold.
While Jared fixed breakfast, Lane was off scouting likely cliffs for rappelling. After breakfast we broke camp and got the car loaded up and headed for a nearby cliff. I was official photographer. I think this cliff was about 50 feet. Stunning landscape!







 

1 Comment:

Courtenay Beth said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Great photography skills! I am so glad you started a blog, I can tell you're going to be a great blogger! Love you!

Post a Comment