Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Passover/Easter is COMING!!!

 Jeremy and I happened on several boys having their Bar Mitzveh.  It reminds me of the importance of our young 12 year old boys receiving the Aaronic Priesthood.  It was quite a celebration.  Here you see the candidate walking under the canopy
 They were followed by the blowing of the shofar, drums and even small trumpets and the singing of Jewish hymns.  It was very exciting!  They serenaded them from the Jewish quarter down the Western wall
 I am not sure, but I think they are dressed in similar costumes that I have seen in a couple of windows of the temple institute, that the Jews think they wore to the temple in the second temple period
 Here they are lifting up their precious young man, dressed in a prayer shawl, his head covered in deference before God  and before the holy words of the Lord, in the hope that he will treasure them for all of his life
First time I have seen the Torah open

0 Comments:

Post a Comment